Over 19 years of experience in professional software development. Currently building a new AAA mobile gaming company from scratch. In my previous assignment I focused on high level solution/application architecture and license sales to SaaS transition. Especially interested in cloud computing and cloud service based business concepts. I’m fluent in speaking with various different stakeholders. My mission is to develop software that is tailored for real needs and has quality baked in from the beginning.
Due to my financial, government and consulting background, I’m used to designing security-critical systems.
My specialties are:
- Solution architecture
- Cloud hosting (Azure, AWS & Google Cloud) and cluster management on top of it (e.g. Apache Mesos, Kubernetes).
- Server-side product stack, especially Go, Docker, .NET Core, ASP.NET MVC and related technologies.
- Scalability & designing software on cloud platforms.
- SOA & microservices.
- Web development standards & technologies incl. HTML5.
- Development team coaching, technical recruiting.
- Evaluating emerging technologies.
Currently I work as a CTO & co-founder at Armada Interactive, where my main responsibility is to create a scalable game backend. Before current role I worked as a Chief architect at Basware. If you want to know more about my skills and my career you can check my resume, or check any of the social sites listed on the menu.
Outdoor person, North Pole skier
Although strictly thinking this has nothing to do with my professional life, it still affects me as a person and coworker and thus is hard to leave unmentioned. I have done lots of sports in my life, and quite a lot of nice trips around the world. The ultimatum of this all was an unsupported expedition to the North Pole at 2006 with a group of seven skiers. The old site is still live, you can check www.pohjoisnapa.fi if you want to learn more.